Making Sense of 2016
Wow, has this been a crazy year for the test, quality, and architecture parts of the IT industry. More changes than even a shaking stick can keep track. Here’s some of the stuff we’ve seen in 2016:
- Rumors of SmartBear (soapUI, Borland Silk products, TestComplete) being sold. By the way, EndOfTesting introduced its soapUI training products.
- Dynatrace notes “Just five years ago, there were 29 companies in the Gartner APM Magic Quadrant. Today, nearly 60% of those companies have moved out or become acquired. This is because APM is one of the most rapidly evolving and complex areas of technology – your app environments are now hybrid, hyper-scale and impossible to monitor without a redefined approach.”
- HPE sells-off the Load Runner products to MicroFocus (actually, MicroFocus merges with HPE and then runs these products.)
- IBM exits the Rational Test products, sells them to Unicom.
- Appvance launches Unified Test Platform (UTP, the 3rd generation test platform built on the original open-source PushToTest TestMaker core.)
And, of course, we launched End Of Testing this year! While this turned out to be “The Year Of DevOps”, plenty of organizations are still making the transition from Waterfall SDLC to Agile.
It’s been an amazing year. I pray 2017 is a great year for you and yours.